Air Fryer Okra
If you’re an okra lover (or even an okra skeptic), this Air Fryer Okra recipe is about to change the game. Get ready for crispy, flavorful okra that’s both a snack and a side dish rolled into one.
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it a million more times. I LOVE my air fryer! There’s no better way to prepare tons of veggies, and okra is no exception. I just recently started preparing okra this way after picking some up at the farmers market a couple weeks ago, and let me tell you, we are hooked on Air Fryer Okra now. I could eat a whole batch by myself!
Why Air Fryer Okra is a Game Changer
- Healthier Than Deep Fried: The air fryer transforms okra into a crispy delight without the need for deep frying in a ton of oil. You can enjoy that satisfying crunch with significantly less fat. Okra is rich in many nutrients and particularly high in vitamins C and K and contain antioxidants that can benefit your health.
- Quick and Easy: The air fryer is a time-saving hero. It cooks okra to perfection in a fraction of the time it takes in the oven or on the stovetop. Perfect for busy weeknight dinners or a quick snack fix.
- Customizable Flavors: Season your okra with your favorite spices and seasonings to create a dish that suits your taste buds perfectly. I usually go with just salt and pepper, but any of your favorite spices and seasonings will work great!
- No Slime Here: Okra often gets a mad rap for having a slimy texture, but when cooked in the air fryer you eliminate the sliminess all together! You’re just left with crispy, crunchy deliciousness.
How to Make Okra in the Air Fryer
This recipe couldn’t be easier. Simply toss the entire okra into the air fryer, spritz with some oil, sprinkle with salt, air fry for about 20 minutes and you’ve got crispy, delicious okra ready to go. It’s amazing. I promise you’ll not be able to stop once you pop one of these delectable, crispy okras in your mouth!
Want your kids to try okra? I get it! Mine were hesitant at first too. To encourage them to try it, I served it along side this Veggie Dip, and before you knew it, they were dipping and eating a vegetable that minutes before they were certain they wouldn’t like! Dips have been a go-to parenting hack for getting my kids to try new things!
Tips for This Recipe
- Choose Fresh Okra: Look for firm, bright green okra pods without blemishes or bruises.
- Don’t Overcrowd: Give your okra some room in the air fryer basket. Overcrowding can lead to uneven cooking, so cook in batches if needed.
- Season Liberally: Okra loves bold flavors! Don’t skimp on your favorite seasonings – whether it’s a blend of spices or a simple mix of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Veggies
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Air Fryer Steak
Are you going to try Air Fryer Okra this week? Leave any questions in the comments and tag me on social media if you make this!
Images by Ivan Solis
Air Fryer Okra
This simple Air Fryer Okra recipe will be your new go-to way to make okra! They come out super crispy and are a great veggie to snack on before dinner or serve as a side with your main entrees.
Servings: 6Prep Time 2 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes Total Time 22 minutesfrom 1 voteSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 pound fresh okra
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place okra in the air fryer basket, spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Place basket in the air fryer and cook on 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with Vegetable Dip or Sour Cream.
Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!