Almond Banana Pancakes
Drum roll please….and the winner of the Yo Baby “best yogurt recipe” winner is….Mara Stephens (huge applause and standing ovation heard around the world)!
Weelicious recently held a contest for people to come up with the best recipe using Yo Baby’s plain yogurt. There were so many interesting and delicious submissions that we had a really difficult time deciding on just one winner. From Kristin Laird’s Banana Bread to Trina Anderson’s Pee-Wee Pops (I just love that name), we had an embarrassment of riches in the submissions department — so thank you to all of you who took the time, energy and creativity to send your ideas in to us. After many testings, tastings and deliberations, we finally chose Mara’s heavenly Banana Almond Pancakes. They’re fluffy and as light as air (not to mention totally addictive). It only took us minutes to whip them up, which makes them a perfect choice in the morning, and since these pancakes are made with both plain yogurt and almond flour, they’re also a terrific source of protein.
We’re big pancake fans in our house and this recipe will definitely be part of our weekly breakfast rotation.
Almond Banana Pancakes
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipePrep Time 2 minutes Cook Time 6 minutes Total Time 15 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar or honey
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp kosher salt
- 1 Cup almond flour meal
- 1/2 Cup Flour (white or wheat will work)
- Whisk the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk the remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over low to medium heat and add oil or butter (you don’t want the pan to be too hot or the pancakes will get too dark).
- Place several spoonfuls of the mixture in the pan, making several pancakes, and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve (preferably with an extra dollop of Yo Baby!
- *Allow to cool, place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze. When ready, place in toaster oven or oven at 300 and heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 300mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!