Not only are these little Almond Cookies super fast and easy to make, you only have to keep a few ingredients on hand in order to whip them up on a moment’s notice!
It makes me crazy when I fall in love with something I eat at a restaurant or that a friend makes but they won’t divulge the recipe. Experiencing a food you love so much that you actually dream about it, only to then be deprived of ever finding out how it’s made is beyond frustrating to me. Yes, these are the kinds of problems that leave me sleepless at night, though I’m sure some moms feel the same way when I preview a pic on Facebook of a new recipe I’m working on yet they can’t get their hands on it until months later when I post it here on Weelicious.
Such is the case with these holiday Almond Cookies. I first made a batch months ago (as embarrassing as it is to admit, I get so excited about Christmas cookies that I start making them in September), posted a picture on Facebook of them in Kenya’s school lunch and then had tons of moms emailing me for the recipe. I felt like such a hypocrite not being able to share it right away but I planned it for the holidays!
The day I made them, Kenya and I had a few and were in heaven. He kept begging for more, but I always try to limit him to one or two. I wish I could say the same thing for my girlfriends. They came over to watch the Bachelor finale (yes, I do love some mindless television now and then), and not only did the ladies enjoy them, they finished every last one! Next time I have to remember to make a double batch.
After posting Chocolate Orange Snaps and Cinnamon Mexican Wedding Cookies over the past two days, it seems like this has become my unofficial Cookie Week, featuring treats each day that are fun, beautiful to look at and easy to make with your kids. I’m thrilled that I can finally share these with you so you can in turn share them with your family, friends….even the man dressed in red heading down your chimney. There are no secrets here at Weelicious!!!!
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipePrep Time 8 minutes Cook Time 12 minutes Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 Cup Raw Almonds, divided
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 Tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place 1 cup of almonds in a food processor and ground for 30 seconds.*
- Place the ground almonds, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and combine.
- Place the butter and sugar in a standing mixer (or bowl using a hand mixer) and cream for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the egg and almond extract and mix another minute.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until combined.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop or a heaping tablespoon, scoop out the dough and place on a Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place one almond in the middle of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 65mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!