Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup is good for the heart, good for the soul….good when everyone in our household has been sick for 6 days straight!
Poor little Kenya got a bronchial infection at one of the kid play spaces (a.k.a “germ factories”) I take him to and within days everyone in our house was down for the count. Since there’s little you can do medicinally for kids Kenya’s age, out came my homemade ginger-lemon-honey tea and my personal favorite, chicken noodle soup.
Almost nothing seems to taste good when you’re sick, but there’s something about chicken noodle soup that always makes you feel better. For years doctors have deemed it medicinal, and I have to agree. I always considered my recipe for chicken soup fast, easy and fresh, but I became a true pro at making it day after day this week to feed my “patients”. Chock full of carrots, celery and leeks, I got smart this time and made a huge batch for the freezer for the next time we’re all down for the count.
More Soup Recipes You’ll Love
White Chicken Chili
Chicken Soup and Rice
Spiced Carrot Cauliflower Soup
Asian Chicken Soup
Crock Pot Black Bean Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup
Comforting and warm, this Chicken Noodle Soup is one of my go-to recipes when the weather starts to get chilly and we all just want to be warmed up from the inside out.
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipeServings: 4Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 18 minutes Total Time 25 minutes
- 32 ounces (1 box) low sodium chicken stock
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 leek, white and light green part thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 large chicken breasts or thighs, bone in
- 2 teaspooons Vegit or other salt-free herb seasoning
- 1 cup egg noodles or pasta, cooked
- Heat chicken stock in a large pot over a high heat and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the carrots, celery, leeks, chicken breast, Vegit and cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breast, cool and tear or chop into bite size pieces.
- Add the egg noodles and chicken to the broth to warm through, about 2-3 minutes and serve.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 750mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!