With school and busy schedules revving up again, the need for fast dinners that you can pull off AND everyone will love is even greater. I get tons of requests for recipes from readers every week — both here on weelicious and on Facebook — but for some reason, one that I’ve been getting a lot of demand for lately is chicken paprikash.
Often you’ll find recipes for this classic Hungarian dish swimming in a heavy cream sauce, but by adding just a little more sherry wine than most recipes normally call for and then boiling it down until the sauce starts to thicken, a dollop of sour cream is all you need to make a healthier version that is just as luscious as what you remember tasting as a kid. And while this dish may seem too fancy to be fast and easy, trust me, it is.
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipeServings: 4Prep Time 3 minutes Cook Time 17 minutes Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 Cups Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tsp Paprika Powder
- 1 Tsp kosher salt
- 1 Lb Chicken Breast or Tenders, rinsed & cubed into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 Cup Sherry Wine
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- Heat oil in a medium size sauté pan over medium heat and sauté onions for 3 minutes. Add the mushroom, garlic, paprika and salt, and continue to sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Add the cubed chicken and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sherry and water. Bring liquid to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Turn heat off, add the sour cream and stir to combine.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
- * You can also use low fat sour cream
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 680mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!