Chocolate Covered Apple Lollipops
Chocolate Covered Apple Lollipops are a special treat that everyone in the family can enjoy. Have tons of fun with your kids decorating with their favorite sprinkles or other toppings!
Chocolate covered apples were always such a fun treat to get when I was a kid. Whether it was at the county fair or a theme park, there’s just something about a big apple on a stick that’s downright fun! BUT, can we take a moment to talk about how difficult they are to eat? Either your face is covered with chocolate or you dislocate your jaw trying to take a bite. No more! These Chocolate Covered Apple Lollipops are just as easy to eat as they are to make and might be one of the most kid-friendly desserts of all time!
Why I Love This Recipe
- I’ve already touched on this, but slicing the apples before you dip them in chocolate makes them so much easier to eat. Especially for little ones! And it’s great for snacking when you don’t want an entire huge apple.
- Each slice can be fully customized. Feel free to go rogue with whatever toppings you want! Drizzle caramel, chopped nuts and sprinkles in any way you want to make the perfect “lollipop” for your taste.
- They’re a perfect fall activity to get kids involved in the kitchen. Making an edible craft is a great excuse to get kids to try new things! Although, anything covered in chocolate usually doesn’t take a ton of coaxing.
How to Make Chocolate Covered Apple Lollipops
Prepare Your Apples: Wash and thoroughly dry your apples. With the apple upright, cut into about 1/2″ thick slices from one side to the other. You should be able to get about 4 slices, excluding the middle slice that contains the core. Carefully stick a popsicle stick into each apple slice.
Prepare Your Chocolate: The star of the show… the melted chocolate! I add a dollop of coconut oil to the chocolate chips and melt them together. It makes the chocolate flow more smoothly and helps create a nice chocolate shell on the apples. If you don’t have coconut oil, you can totally melt just the chocolate chips, and they’ll still turn out great!
Create Your Chocolate Covered Apple Lollipop: Holding the popsicle stick, spoon the melted chocolate over each side of the apple slices. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and top with desired toppings. Place in the refrigerator or freezer until they’re set. If you’re not planning on eating them right away, you can store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for about 3 months.
More Apple Recipes
During apple picking season we always end up with way more apples than we could possible eat. Here are some of my favorite recipes to use up your plethora of apples.
- Apple Donuts
- Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- Gluten-Free Apple Pie
- Apple Pie Cups
- Sheet Pan Sausage with Cabbage and Apples
- Apple Applesauce Muffins
Kids and adults alike will fall in love with these Chocolate Covered Apple Lollipops. They’re perfect for an after school (or work) snack and couldn’t be easier to make. I also love the idea of making these as an activity for a kid’s fall or birthday party. Place all the toppings in small bowls and let every kid make their own chocolate covered apple slice just how they want it! How fun does that sound?
Let me know what you think of these Chocolate Covered Apple Lollipops in the comments! Or tag me on Instagram when you make them.
Chocolate Covered Apple Lollipops
These Chocolate Covered Apple Lollipops are a super kid-friendly fall snack or dessert! Plus, they’re way easier to eat than a whole chocolate dipped apple.
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipeServings: 8Prep Time 10 minutes Total Time 10 minutes
- 2 apples
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil optional
- topping ideas: caramel, chopped nuts or seeds, sprinkles, cookie crumbles, mini chocolate chips or candies, chopped dried fruit, flaky sea salt
- popsicle sticks
- Thoroughly wash and dry the apples. With the apples standing upright, cut into 1/2″ slices.
- Carefully stick popsicle sticks into one side of the apple slice. The apples can split in half, so do this delicately.
- Microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Dip each apple slice in chocolate, using a spoon to coat the entire slice. Allow excess chocolate to drip off, then place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Top with any desired toppings like sprinkles, nuts, etc and freeze or refrigerate until solid.
Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!