Chocolate Muffins are simple to whip up and satisfying for all tummies.
If there’s such thing as an “easy sell” in our house, nothing pleases everyone more than absolutely anything I make whose name starts with chocolate. In fact, my kids’ cheers of joy usually drown me out before I can even get the whole word out of my mouth.
Take these Chocolate Muffins for instance. Recently, my little angels were in the midst of a quarrel at the kitchen table and I was starting to lose my patience from all the bickering. Using my best diversionary skills I announced to them, “I made chocol…”.
They were sold before they even knew what it was that I made. Amazing, the power chocolate in any form has over my kids. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree here. Chocolate is my own weakness, too. Whether it’s in the form of a loaf, mousse, or ice cream topping, I can get behind any chocolate creation just like my kids… maybe even more so than my kids.
After each of their first bites, there was peace in the world (at least momentarily)….and something delicious in their tummies.
These chocolate muffins are light as a feather, but also pack a rich punch of chocolate. The next time you’re trying to grab everyone’s attention, just whip up a batch of these and watch what happens! I can pretty much guarantee you’ll be the favorite family member for at least a few minutes.
Keep a batch on hand in the freezer to throw into school lunches during the week. They’re great with coffee for a quick breakfast, or as a chocolate treat for an after school snack. I know I can often use a chocolate pick me up, and almost nothing makes my kids happier. Who can blame them?!
Tag me @weelicious on social media when you make these so I can see the big (chocolate covered) smiles on your kids faces!
While easy to make, these chocolate muffins are full of depth and flavor.
Servings: 12Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes Total Time 25 minutesfrom votesSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Grease 12 regular or 24 mini muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, and the egg. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 18 – 22 minutes (8-10 minutes for mini muffins), or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 280mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!