Daikon Radish Slaw
Recently, Hyundai and Good Bite asked me to participate in David Lawrence’s “Appetite For Adventure”, which challenged 8 food bloggers to come up with recipes using unusual ingredients. I have to admit that I was quite shocked when the ingredient they presented me with was daikon radish. I see these large east Asian radishes all the time at our local farmer’s market, but I’ve never bought one before. What a mistake! They have a great flavor and texture and you can do a lot with them. I got 2 huge ones the other day for just $1 and made several different recipes with them. My favorite is this Daikon Radish Slaw that I used as one component of the Summer Roll recipe I made for “Appetite for Adventure”.
Not only is this dish perfect for a spring or summertime party when you’re feeding a crowd, but the kids I offered it to at our house the other day loved the beautiful colors and tasty dressing! Hopefully I lived up to the cooking challenge, but either way I think you’ll find this dish to be a total crowd pleaser.
Daikon Radish Slaw
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipeServings: 6Prep Time 4 minutes Total Time 5 minutes
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tsp sesame oil
- 1 Daikon Radish, peeled and grated (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 Red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 Cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Cup carrots, grated
- 1 Medium Yellow, Red or Orange Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Scallion, diced (use the entire scallion, white and green)
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the grated radish in several layers of paper towel and squeeze out excess water.
- Place all of the vegetables in a large bowl and toss together.
- Pour the vinaigrette into the bowl and toss to coat.
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 210mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!