Easy Cheeseburger Sliders
This Easy Cheeseburger Sliders recipe can help you make 12 sliders in under 30 minutes with just a few simple tricks and ingredients! They’re great for a crowd, super tasty and kid-friendly too!
My friend told me one day how she makes these super easy cheeseburger sliders for the Super Bowl every year, and it blew my mind! Instead of making 12 individual hamburger patties, she breaks up and browns the ground beef with delicious seasonings and then layers it on Hawaiian rolls with cheese and bakes them. The cheese becomes super gooey and acts like a glue to keep the ground beef together! Easy peasy! We made these sliders together the other day, and it took under 30 minutes. I had to share her recipe 🙂
How to Make The Best Cheeseburger Sliders
- Prepare the Baking Dish: First, pre-heat the oven to 375°F. There are two ways you can prepare your glass baking dish to prevent the sliders from sticking. You can spray with cooking oil spray, or what I like to do is line the dish with parchment paper leaving about an inch hanging off both sides. Then you can lift them out of the dish really easily all at once.
- Brown the Ground Beef: In a sauté pan over medium/high heat, brown the ground beef breaking it apart with a spatula. Add the seasonings (listed in the recipe card), and continue to cook until cooked through. Take off the heat, drain excess fat if necessary and stir in the mayonnaise.
- Build the Sliders: Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half keeping the sides of the rolls in tact. You’ll have one large top bun and one large bottom bun. Place the bottoms in the baking dish and spoon the ground beef mixture evenly on top. Add an even layer of sliced cheese and then top with the top bun.
- Bake and Serve: Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then continue to bake uncovered for another 3-5 minutes. Just until the cheese is melted and the tops are golden brown. Remove the dish from the oven. If lined with parchment, lift all of the sliders out of the dish at once and cut along the lines to serve. If not using parchment paper, cut straight out of the dish.
What to Serve With Easy Cheeseburger Sliders
Whether you’re serving this for a simple weeknight dinner or as an appetizer for a game day crowd, these recipes go great with cheeseburger sliders:
- Air Fryer French Fries or Oven Baked Fries
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Crispy Broccoli
- Herb Garlic Roast Potatoes
- Cast Iron Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate and Garlic
Easy Cheeseburger Sliders Video
Why I Love This Recipe
- It’s great for a crowd! Being able to make 12 sliders at one time without having to be over a hot grill to flip each patty is a game changer. Double or triple the recipe with ease if you’re hosting a really large gathering.
- This recipe truly is so easy to make. Breaking apart the ground beef and then using the little bit of mayo and the cheese slices to keep the beef together is such a great trick to making truly the easiest sliders.
- Of course another reason why this recipe is a winner… kids love them! The simple flavors are great for kids, and they get to choose whatever sauce they like and can dipped the sliders straight in making it a fun activity. Plus, small burgers for smalls hands! These are really perfect kid-friendly food.
Whether it’s game day, a birthday party or just a quick dinner for the whole family, these Easy Cheeseburger Sliders are the way to go! Let me know in the comments what you think or tag me on social media if you make them!
Images by Ivan Solis
Easy Cheeseburger Sliders
This recipe truly couldn’t be easier to make and is ready in under 30 minutes! No need to flip 12 separate slider patties either… we make them all at once!
Course: Appetizer, DinnerCuisine: AmericanServings: 12Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 22 minutes Total Time 27 minutesfrom votesSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons minced dried onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 slices sharp cheddar or Monterrey jack cheese
- 1 package Hawaiian rolls (12 rolls)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a 9×13 glass baking dish with parchment paper (leaving some hanging off the sides) or spray with cooking spray.
- Place a skillet over medium heat on the stove top. Add ground beef and break apart with a spatula. Add the dried minced onion, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Continue to cook until meat is browned and cooked through. Remove from the heat.
- If necessary, tilt the pan to spoon off and discard excess fat. Add the mayonnaise and stir to combine.
- Using a large serrated knife, and keeping the sides connected, cut the Hawaiian rolls lengthwise creating one large top later and bottom layer.
- Place bottom bun layer in prepared baking dish. Spoon the ground beef mixture evenly on top and layer the cheese slices. You may have to cut one slice of cheese in half to cover the last bit of ground beef. Finally, with cut side down add the top bun layer.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and tops are golden. Remove from the oven.
- Lift the parchment paper to remove all the sliders from the dish. Cut along the lines to form individual sliders. If not using parchment paper, you can cut into sliders while still in the baking dish then use a spatula to serve.
- Serve with ketchup, mustard or other dippings sauces on the side.
Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!