Every other morning Kenya and I go through the same routine.
I sit him in his “Lazy-Boy” highchair, strap him in, place his bib around his neck, put his spoon and bowl on his tray and I prepare his breakfast. I show him item number one, usually yogurt with a scoop of fruit puree. He looks at me and presses his lips shut. Basically his way of saying “no way, try again”. Next I show him oaty-protein mash or some other new creation. Again, same reaction.
He looks at me like I’m totally crazy for suggesting that he try one of these dishes before giving him his beloved. I tilt my favorite tiny bowl (I got it on my honeymoon in Italy) which he automatically recognizes towards him and he squeals with such delight you would have thought it was a 10 scoop sundae. No, it’s just his little favorite gem, an egg yolk.
Egg yolks are a fantastic source of vitamin A and iron for babies. I boil a half dozen once a week and keep them in the fridge. This way all I have to do is crack, peel, mash and serve. Who knew this little golden ball could cause such a big smile on a babies face.
*Babies under the age of one should not try egg whites because of
possible allergies. But don’t throw the whites away! I usually pop them in my mouth right then and there or give them to my husband as a healthy morning protein boost.
You can start giving this recipe to baby around 9 months of age.
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipePrep Time 1 minute Total Time 1 minute
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Crack and peel egg.
- Separate the cooked egg white from the yolk
- Place the egg yolk in a bowl.
- Mash with a fork and add water until it makes a thick paste.
- Note: Babies under the age of 1 should not try egg whites because of possible allergies. But don’t throw the whites away! I usually pop them in my mouth right then and there or give them to my husband as a healthy morning protein boost.
- You can start giving this recipe to babies around 9 months of age.
Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!