This Huevos Rancheros recipe is about to change your world! Four basic ingredients I would almost guarantee you have on hand! Open your pantry, take a peek and let’s get cooking! I created this Huevos Rancheros video so you can follow a few quick cooking tips to make it just right.
The first time I ever heard of Huevos Rancheros was over twelve years ago — just after I moved to California — when my girlfriend ordered it at a restaurant. Where I grew up, Huevos Rancheros wasn’t a dish that you would ever see on a restaurant menu in Louisville, Kentucky, but in Los Angeles, where there is a huge Mexican population, it’s quite common.
Four staples I always keep in my kitchen are eggs, tortillas, salsa and cheese, so for me this recipe requires virtually no forethought for breakfast (or even dinner). I actually don’t know why I’ve never tried making it before. And this is one of those dishes that requires no persuading to get the kids excited. Warm tortillas topped with eggs, melted cheese and creamy beans? Nothing could be better whether you’ve been eating Huevos Rancheros for years or for the very first time!
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipeCourse: BreakfastCuisine: MexicanServings: 4Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 5 minutes Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 cup refried beans recipe linked below
- 1 cup mild salsa recipe linked below
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend shredded
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with 1 tsp of oil. Add the eggs, one at a time and cook undisturbed for 2 minutes or until the white is set. Then, cover and cook for an additional minute (you can also scramble the eggs if you prefer).
- Warm tortillas in a 250 degree oven, in a sauté pan over medium heat for 20 seconds OR between two paper towels in a microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Place a warm tortilla on a plate and spread 1/4 cup of warmed beans on top.
- Place one cooked egg on top of the beans and top with 1/4 cup salsa and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Continue to make the remaining Huevos Rancheros and serve.
Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!