18 Immune Boosting Recipes
These Immune Boosting Recipes are exactly what you need to help keep your body in tip top shape. They’re delicious and super good for you!
Types of Foods to Support Immune System
- Fruits and vegetables: These are rich sources of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which can help support the immune system. Some particularly good options include citrus fruits (such as oranges and grapefruits), berries (such as blueberries and raspberries), and leafy greens (such as spinach and kale).
- Whole grains: Whole grains, such as oats and quinoa, are rich in antioxidants and other nutrients that can help support the immune system.
- Protein-rich foods: Foods high in protein, such as chicken, fish, and eggs, are important for the growth and repair of cells in the body, including the cells of the immune system.
- Probiotics and prebiotics: Foods that contain probiotics, such as yogurt, kefir, and sauerkraut, can help support the immune system by promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut. Prebiotics, which are types of dietary fibers that promote the growth of good gut bacteria, can also be found in foods like garlic, onions, leek, asparagus and artichokes.
- Spices: Some spices have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and could be good for your immune system. For example turmeric, ginger, garlic, and cumin.
Smoothies and Juices To Boost Immunity
Smoothies and juices are always a great way to get good-for-you ingredients in your body. Try these and let me know what you think!
Pin Immunity Boosting Shots These shots are made with oranges for a vitamin C boost plus fresh ginger and turmeric which have anti-inflammatory properties. View RecipePin Immune Boosting Very Berry Smoothie This smoothie has tons of immune supporting ingredients including fresh berries and spinach to name a few. I make these a lot during cold and flu season to keep the family healthy! View RecipePin Carrot Orange Ginger Smoothie Carrots and oranges are packed with vitamin C to give your body the immune boost it needs and ginger is high in anti-inflammatory properties. View RecipePin Ginger Lemon Honey Tea I make this tea especially when someone in the family is coming down with something. Ginger is anti-inflammatory, lemon has tons of vitamin C and honey has antimicrobial properties that can help fight off infection. View Recipe
Immune Boosting Soups
Soups! Soups are always on the top of my list when someone is feeling a bit under the weather in my family. Here are a few of my favorites.
Pin Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup Chicken Noodle Soup is a classic for a reason. I love this recipe because I can make it in the slow cooker and forget about it for a few hours. You can also make this one in the pressure cooker. View RecipePin Roast Vegetable Soup This soup is packed with veggies (obviously) that are great for immune support. Roasting them before making the soup makes the taste super flavorful and rich! View RecipePin Crock Pot Lentil Veggie Stew This stew is super filling and an excellent source of protein. Protein is super important for keeping your body healthy! View RecipePin Vegetarian Pho Vegetarian Pho s one of my favorites when I’m not feeling the best. It’s filled with so many good-for-you ingredients and oh so delicious. View RecipePin Carrot Ginger Soup Carrot Ginger Soup is nutritious, delicious and heart warming. It’s on our weekly rotation all cold and flu season long. View RecipePin Slow Cooker Bone Broth A steaming bowl of immune supporting bone broth is the key to staying healthy through the cold winter months. You can make bone broth in your pressure cooker too! View Recipe
Immune Boosting Vegetable Recipes
Don’t forget your veggies! Mushrooms and leafy greens like kale are super important for boosting your immune system and when you’re just trying to eat more healthy foods!
Pin Air Fryer Wild Mushrooms Mushrooms such as shiitake and maitake have been traditionally used in some cultures to boost immunity. They’re high in antioxidants which help protect your cells from damage. View RecipePin Japanese Vegetable Curry I love this recipe mainly because it’s so yummy, but it’s also packed with veggies to help keep your body in tip top shape! View RecipePin Shiitake Veggie Stir Fry Again, shiitake mushrooms are great for immune support. Some added veggies plus fresh ginger and garlic take it to the next level! View RecipePin Kale Pesto Leafy greens such as kale are particularly high in vitamin C, which is known to help boost the immune system. And who doesn’t love a good pesto recipe? View RecipePin Turmeric Sauteed Greens This recipe is like health in a bowl. Take your favorite green and sauté it with fresh turmeric for some extra immune support! View Recipe
Immune Boosting Breakfasts
Last but not least, breakfast! They don’t call it the most important meal of the day for nothing. Berries high in vitamin C and dark berries like blackberries, strawberries and blueberries not only taste insanely great, but they are also a great source antioxidants.
Pin Banana Split Breakfast This breakfast is delicious and so good for you! It has greek yogurt which is high in protein and naturally occurring probiotics plus tons of antioxidant rich berries! View RecipePin Brainy Breakfast Filled with nuts, berries, cinnamon and Greek yogurt, this Brainy Breakfast recipe packs a big protein punch to keep your brain performing in tip top shape! View RecipePin Slow Cooker Oatmeal A good bowl of oatmeal topped with some fresh berries is a great breakfast any day and great for immune support. View Recipe
What do you and your family eat when you’re trying to keep your bodies healthy? Let me know in the comments or tag me on social media!