Maple Soy Salmon
This Maple Soy Salmon is out of this world good. Super simple, nutritious and so delicious, you’ll have your family asking for this meal every week!
I’ve been going to my local Farmers’ Market for upwards of 22 years. I always say that being there every Sunday is like my church and the people there are like my family. That holds completely true to my favorite fish vendor, Marilyn. I met Marilyn before I was even pregnant with Kenya, so when I say she’s like an aunt to us, I mean it.
Every week Marilyn greets each of us with a huge smile and gigantic hug. She sends us home with little scraps of fish for our dog, Cosmo and not to mention, the most delicious salmon you have had in your entire life. I’m drooling even thinking of it right now!
Marilyn loves giving tips and tricks for how to cook fish in the most delicious way. I took one of her suggestions for a marinade and added my own little twist to it. I find that a quick marinade made with soy sauce, O.J. and a touch of maple syrup creates a light, sweet glaze that my kids adore. It’s amazing how adding just a little extra love in the form of a few everyday ingredients can turn a simple food into something extraordinary that’s good for you, too!
At least once a week (usually on Sundays or Mondays), I make salmon for dinner. Knowing that salmon is packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, which help a little one’s brain development, has always inspired me to keep it in our regular mealtime rotation. Salmon is full of flavor and has a firm texture which most kids love, so I like to keep it basic and not jazz it up too much with sauces. This marinade is the perfect balance of simple yet still absolutely delicious.
Pair this recipe with Grilled Lemon Asparagus and Asian Style Cauliflower Rice and you are sure to have a meal that will make each and every family member very happy.
Maple Soy Salmon
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipePrep Time 30 minutes Cook Time 8 minutes Total Time 38 minutes
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 pound salmon fillets, cut into 4 even pieces
- Place the soy sauce, maple syrup and orange juice in a large bowl or 8 x 8 inch pyrex dish. Stir to combine.
- Place the salmon fillets in the mixture salmon flesh side down, cover and marinate, in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Place rack in the middle of the oven and preheat broiler.
- Place the salmon fillets skin side down on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil for about 8 minutes (make sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn).
- Remove and serve.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 320mg | Sugar: 7g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!