Middle Eastern Chicken Burgers
Middle Eastern Chicken Burgers are going to be your new go-to! They’re super easy to make and pack incredible flavors in every bite. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to a traditional beef burger, look no further!
Burgers! There’s just something about them that make people smile. But burgers don’t just have to be a slab of meat on a bun. When I make mine, I like to grab some spices from the spice drawer and have the kids cut a handful of fresh herbs from our garden in order to come up with a mixture that will really jazz things up.
By incorporating some curry, garlic powder, fresh parsley and mint into the ground chicken and sauce, you give the ordinary burger a huge burst of unforgettable flavors. The best part is that you don’t need to wait for your summertime grill to enjoy these burgers. They’re beyond easy to make in a sauté pan any time of year.
What takes these Middle Eastern Chicken Burgers to the next level is the greek yogurt sauce we pile on top. If you give my kids dipping sauce, they’ll try just about anything. If your little ones are hesitant about chicken burgers, definitely encourage them to try it with the sauce. It’s delicious and adds a lot of moisture to this lean meat.
We have some sort of burger every week or so because they’re so easy and delicious to make. If we’re not making these Chicken Burgers, we’re having Turkey Zucchini Burgers, Guacamole Cheddar Burgers or these incredible vegetarian Garbanzo Burgers. And of course, we always pair them with Air Fryer French Fries.
Even the “picky about burgers” people in your family will love these Middle Eastern Chicken Burgers. They’re a great, healthier alternative to beef burgers while still packing all the flavor.
Middle Eastern Chicken Burgers
Prep Time 6 minutes Cook Time 6 minutes Total Time 12 minutesfrom votesSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (cumin can be substituted if needed)
For The Sauce:
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 2 persian cucumbers, peeled, grated & strained
- pinch of kosher salt
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and sauté onions for 4 minutes until tender and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sautéed onions, ground chicken, salt, parsley, garlic and curry powder. Evenly divide mixture and shape into flour patties.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, mint, cucumber and salt to make the sauce.
- Heat the remaining tbsp of oil in a pan and cook patties for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place burgers on buns and top with yogurt sauce and desired accompaniments.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 710mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!