Mini Sweet Potato Muffins
Mini Sweet Potato Muffins have become a fall favorite in our house. But the great thing about them, is that you can make them year round!
There’s a vendor I’ve been buying from for years at our local farmer’s market who has the most incredibly tender and almost candy-like tasting sweet potatoes. These potatoes are so good that I find myself wanting to make recipe after recipe with them. Thus, the mini sweet potato muffin was born. And I’ve never turned back!
Sweet potatoes take a bit of time to cook and since we eat them all the time in our house, I try to bake a bunch every Sunday or Monday so we always have enough for the whole week to snack on or to serve as a last minute side dish for dinner. Sometimes I get carried away and make enough sweet potatoes for a small army, hence the inspiration for this mini muffin recipe.
All I did was take a cup of pureed sweet potato and add it to an easy-to-whip-up batter. Not only did my kids love the bright orange color of these muffins, but they were also a major hit with a bunch of Chloe’s little friends (aka my wee-testers). This recipe is also a fun one to get the little ones involved in making too!
A lot more flavorful and healthy than anything you could buy at the supermarket, these sweet treats are something you can keep on hand for breakfast, lunch or any time of day.
Mini Sweet Potato Muffins
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipePrep Time 1 minute Cook Time 15 minutes Total Time 1 hour 55 minutes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 1/2 cup milk (any type works)
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk the remaining ingredients.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients just until they are combined (be careful not to over mix the batter).
- Place 1 tablespoon of batter in each cup of greased mini muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes.
- * To make sweet potato puree, bake sweet potatoes (or yams) in a 400 degree oven for one hour, allow to cool, slice in half lengthwise and mash flesh with a fork until smooth.
- ** You can place muffins in labeled freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 85mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!