Mini Vanilla Cupcakes
If there’s one dessert everyone loves at a birthday party or celebration it’s vanilla cupcakes. You can make these large or even as Mini Vanilla Cupcakes too!
There’s nothing as magical as your child’s first birthday party. I’m sure that Chloe won’t remember much from her big day, but I’ll certainly remember every moment.
We decided to do something simple to celebrate — just a bunch of babies Chloe’s age lounging around on blankets, musical instruments scattered about for playing, pink and white balloons hovering in the trees above, bubbles drifting through the air and of course, some delicious weelicious food!
The party was called for late in the afternoon, so I figured light snacks seemed appropriate. Benedictine Sandwiches, Fruit Kabobs, Chewy Granola Balls and finally, these Mini Vanilla Cupcakes.
For the cupcakes, I really wanted something white, light, airy and tiny in size. I literally spent weeks working on the perfect recipe, which also had to be simple enough to be weelicious. I first tried using agave to sweeten them, but that was a big ol’ flop. Then I experimented with different combinations of eggs, flours and sugar, but still nothing tasted quite right until I arrived at the balance for this version.
I love making miniature cupcakes for kids’ birthday parties, because they’re the perfect size for small hands, and even if your little one goes back for seconds (or even thirds), it still won’t equal the amount of one regular size cupcake.
Plus, I’ve tried so many vanilla cupcake recipes over the years and I’m always taken by how overly sweet they are. These came out sweet — but not too much. Just the perfect amount in my opinion.
When you’re looking for an unforgettable cupcake recipe that will only add to the magic of your little one’s special day, try these minis and experience maximum deliciousness.
Mini Vanilla Cupcakes
Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 15 minutes Total Time 20 minutesfrom 1 voteSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Cream Cheese Frosting (makes 1 cup):
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high speed for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and vanilla and beat on low speed until combined.
- Slowly add some of the flour mixture and then some of the milk, alternating until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as you go.
- Pour the batter into mini muffin cups (I like to use a mini ice cream scooper) lined with paper or foil liners until 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool and frost.
- *Refrigerate cupcakes after frosting
To make the cream cheese frosting:
- Place the cream cheese and butter in a bowl and beat for 30 seconds on low to medium speed using a hand mixer.
- Add the confectioner\’s sugar and vanilla and continue to beat for 1 minute or until frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Frost the cupcakes and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 50mg | Sugar: 4g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!