Even though Kenya has no idea what a Mummy is, he absolutely loved these hot dogs wrapped in whole wheat pizza dough. I put one in his school lunch the other day with sides of ketchup and mustard to dip it in and he was in heaven!
These are probably a better Halloween treat for bigger kids who really get what Mummies are, but they taste great and are fun to eat no matter what. So if you are looking for a fun meal to serve at a party this holiday weekend, or just a fun way to liven up your hot dogs, this is a perfect recipe!
Mummy Dogs are a great halloween dinner or lunch! Especially for older kids that know what mummies are.
Servings: 8Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 15 minutes Total Time 25 minutesfrom votesSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint Recipe
- 8 veggie, turkey or beef dogs
- 1 pound pizza dough
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Cut the pizza dough into 8 even strips using a pizza cutter or knife.
- Stretch each piece of the pizza dough until it’s about 4 times the length of the hot dog.
- Starting at the top, wrap the pizza dough around the hot dog until it’s completely covered allowing a small space for the face.
- Place the wrapped hot dogs on the cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- When the hot dogs are cool, dot the ketchup and/or mustard with a toothpick for the eyes.
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 790mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!