I’m always shocked to find out how many people know of and adore noodle kugel. I only tried it for the first time recently, but when I shared my feelings about how much I loved it with friends, I got some pretty darn passionate responses about what a recipe for noodle kugel MUST include. The variations made my head spin. Some people said nuts were a must. Others cited raisins, cinnamon and all kinds of other additions.
When I was originally doing research on kugels and their history, I was shocked to find that most recipes called for a cup or more sugar. That much sugar would send me into outer-space, so I can only imagine what it would do to our kids.
My version is a much healthier toddler-and-family-friendly recipe that you could eat as a side dish or even for dessert! After it comes out of the oven, cut it into squares and take a bite of the soft, tender, creamy noodles perfumed with cinnamon — you’re in heaven. Of course Kenya tried to shove the entire square I gave him into his little mouth in one bite which he quickly figured out wasn’t such a good idea! As for my friends with very strong opinions on what is and isn’t kugel, most of them gave this their stamp of approval.
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipeServings: 20 squaresPrep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 35 minutes Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 Cup Eggs Noodles
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook for 5-7 minutes. You want them to be tender, but firm.
- Strain the water off the noodles and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and toss the noodles so they’re evenly coated.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, agave and cinnamon in a food processor or blender and pulse to combine throughly.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the noodles, add the raisins, and stir to coat.
- Pour the noodle mixture into a 9 x 9 greased baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into square pieces.
Calories: 50kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 30mg | Sugar: 4g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!