I’ve been making this dish for Kenya for several months but only now did I think of putting it on weelicious. Duh!! This is an amazingly quick, easy and tasty dish. I guarantee you’ll end up adding your own twist and wind up making it on a regular basis.
What could be more simple then eggs, pasta and cheese? Of course, for added flavor, color and nutrition I add the zucchini and sun dried tomatoes, but you could replace them with anything you have on hand to jazz the dish up. Even better, you can make a bunch of pasta, let it cool, add a splash of olive oil and keep it in the fridge for several days, so you can conveniently whip Pasta Wee One whenever you feel brain dead and can’t think of something warm and delicious to eat for lunch or dinner. And even better, no matter what shape of pasta you have on hand, it will work perfectly.
I made this for Kenya’s dinner and of course my husband took one sniff and asked if I would make it for him too. Luckily I had tons of leftover pasta and veggies in the fridge ready to go!
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipeServings: 6 toddler servingsPrep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 5 minutes Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 Cup Pasta, cooked (I used mini bow ties, but whatever kind you choose is great. Just follow cooking time on package.)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 Cup Zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan (a cows milk cheese with a complex fruity/nutty taste) or Pecorino (a salty sheep’s milk cheese)
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the butter.
- When the butter is melted add the zucchini and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the pasta, sun dried tomatoes and then the egg mixture.
- Stir continually for 1 minute until the egg coats the pasta.
- Add the cheese and continue cooking another minute until the eggs coat the pasta and vegetables.
- Cool and serve.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 210mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!