Oh my goodness, these are amazing! I’m not just saying that from an adult culinary point of view either. I made these for 8 kids, age 20 months to 5 years old and even the 5 year old who supposedly hates everything gobbled them up. The best part is that the “crust” is a vegetable (not more bread), but they look just like pizzas.
The big bonus is that they took me no time to prepare and I had barely any clean up. I was kind of scared the kids would say “wait, this isn’t REAL pizza,” but not a word. Happy kids make happy mommies. What could be better?
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipeServings: 4Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 25 minutes Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 15 Oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 Tsp Thyme, Basil and Oregano
- 1 Tsp kosher salt
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms, stems removed (wiggle the stem back and forth gently to remove)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl to combine.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Place the mushrooms stem side down on the cookie sheet, brush the tops with olive oil and bake for 10-15 minutes depending on how big your mushroom is. Discard any excess liquid that is on the cookie sheet.
- Turn over the mushrooms stem side up, cover with 2-3 tablespoons of tomato sauce and 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Bake the mushrooms for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 1240mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!