Ravioli Pesto Hearts
If you’ve seen any of my past weelicious Valentine’s recipe offerings like Raspberry Cream Cheese Heart Tarts or Dried Cherry Scones, you know that I’m guilty of buying into all the trappings of this Hallmark holiday. Next to flowers, chocolates, cookies and cakes are among the most popular ways to say “I love you” to the objects of your affection. Let’s face it, we adore our kids and showering them with just about anything heart-shaped at this time of year is really fun.
Valentine’s Day is more or less synonymous with sweet things and while our family will certainly be eating our share of dessert treats on the 14th, we’ll be starting things off on a somewhat healthier note with these delicious little Ravioli Pesto Hearts. Wonton wrappers are cut into heart shapes, filled with tangy, cheesy sun dried tomato and basil pesto, sealed and then quickly boiled until tender.
Aside from being sweet to look at, these ravioli are scrumptious to eat. They’re not just shaped like love, they’re made with it too.
Ravioli Pesto Hearts
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipeServings: 4Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 10 minutes Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 12-ounce Package Wonton Wrappers
- 1 Recipe Sun Dried Tomato Basil Pesto
- 2 Tbsp water
- Parmesan Cheese, for sprinkling
- Using a 3″ heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut the wonton wrappers into hearts (cut 30 hearts to make 15 ravioli, though you may have enough filling to make a few more).
- Place 1 tsp pesto in the center of one wonton heart.
- Dip finger in a small bowl of water and dab around edges of the wonton heart.
- Top with a dry wonton heart and gently press the edges together to seal.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Gently place several hearts in the water at a time and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove ravioli hearts from water with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 520mg | Fiber: 4g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!