This has been one of my favorite recipes to prepare for years. It’s not only incredibly filling, it’s inexpensive to prepare, healthy and full of protein. I wasn’t really positive if Kenya would like it, but he surprised me and ate every last bite. I also love making this dish for my vegetarian friends because it’s so hearty and filling.
Collard greens are my favorite greens to use in this recipe because they’re a nutritional all-star. Packed with calcium and vitamins A, C and E — just to name but a few of it’s numerous nutrients — it’s also high in soluble fiber, which is great for getting things moving, if you know what I mean!
Preparation is so easy. Just chop your veggies and toss everything else into the casserole dish. In no time you’ll have a one pot meal that melts in your mouth and is also good for you.
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipeServings: 4 servingsPrep Time 1 minute Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Large Leek, white and light green part only, thinly sliced
- 1 Tsp kosher salt
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 2 Cups Collard Greens or Kale, julienned
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Oregano or 1 Tsp Dried
- 1 14 Oz Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Cups or 1 15 oz Can Cooked White Beans, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saute pan (or oven proof casserole dish such as Le Creuset) saute the leeks over low to medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the salt, garlic, and oregano and remove to a separate plate or bowl.
- Combine the leeks with the greens.
- Place half of the greens/leek mixture in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Cover with beans and then with the remaining greens.
- Pour the can of tomatoes over the bean/greens mixture.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes (can also be cooked on low heat on top of the oven for 25-30 minutes).
- *Allow to cool, place in appropriate container or ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 4 months. When ready, just heat in a pot over low-medium heat or defrost in fridge for 24 hours.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 410mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!