Sometimes when I’m trying to come up with new recipe ideas, I try to think of two foods I know my kids love and then build a dish around it. I’ve discovered that if I make meals that take the form of a muffin, cake, cookie or pie, my guys are instantly intrigued. I’ve had great results with Sweet Beet Cookies, Breakfast Cupcakes and Veggie Pancakes, but I really thought I hit the jackpot when I came up with Spaghetti Pie. When I told Kenya I was making him a Spaghetti Pie for dinner, he actually started giggling, “what’s Spaghetti Pie, Mommy?!” “Well, it’s….Spaghetti Pie!” I realized that’s all I had to say — no explanation, description or convincing needed. The only downer is that I had planned on having leftovers, but there were none to be had. Bye bye Spaghetti Pie!
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipePrep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 35 minutes
- 8 oz Spaghetti, cooked (about 1/2 a package)
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 Cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey (you could also use ground beef or chicken)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp onion powder
- 2 Cups weelicious tomato sauce (recipe linked below)
- 1 Cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Italian herbs
- 1 Cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cooked spaghetti in a bowl and coat with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Combine the eggs and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Add mixture to the spaghetti and mix.
- Place the spaghetti mixture into a greased deep-dish pie plate and spread to make a “pie crust”.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and cook the ground turkey, salt, garlic and onion powder for 5 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the meat and stir to combine.
- In a bowl stir the Ricotta cheese, the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and Italian herbs to combine.
- Spread the Ricotta/Parmesan cheese mixture over the pasta, then layer the marinara mixture and finally, top with 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Place dish on a sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool, cut into wedges and serve.
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 1150mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!