Strawberries and Cream Baked Oatmeal
Strawberries and cream is a classic combination that never gets old. And when it comes to breakfast, it’s hard to beat a warm bowl of this Strawberries and Cream Baked Oatmeal. It’s great for breakfast, weekend brunch or even meal prepping for the week!
One of the best things about baked oatmeal is that it’s incredibly versatile. You can add whatever fruits or nuts you like, and it will always turn out delicious. I’ve been making Coconut Cream Baked Oatmeal for year and it’s been one of our go-to’s.
For this recipe, I decided to go with strawberries and cream, as they complement each other so well and I have to say it might be my new favorite baked oatmeal recipe! The juicy, sweet strawberries contrast nicely with the creamy, rich oatmeal, and together they create a perfect balance of flavors.
How to Make Strawberries and Cream Baked Oatmeal
This simple recipe combines quick cooking oats, fresh strawberries and few other ingredients you most likely have on hand for a game changing breakfast or brunch. Here’s how to make it:
- Prepare the Baking Dish: Pre-heat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9×9 inch baking dish.
- Combine the Ingredients: First, place the eggs in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Then you’ll add the remaining ingredients and only one cup of strawberries. The remaining cup you’ll use for topping later!
- Bake: Add the oat mixture to your greased baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes or until just golden and the center is set.
- Serve: Scoop into bowls, drizzle with fresh cream, remaining strawberries and honey or maple syrup to taste.
Why I Love Baked Oatmeal
- Customizable – You can make baked oatmeal dairy free with a few simple swaps. Plant-based milk works just as good as cow’s milk, and you can replace butter with coconut oil. Don’t have strawberries on hand? Use whatever fresh fruit is in your refrigerator.
- Easy to Make – I love baked oatmeal because it’s super simple to make and hard to mess up. Plus, I can meal prep a whole dish that we can eat for the next 3 or 4 days to make mornings go even more smoothly!
- Healthy – Baked oatmeal is a healthy alternative to the sugary processed cereals you may typically grab for breakfast for convenience. This recipe is high in dietary fiber and protein thanks to the oats and naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup. Plus, adding fruit has tons of nutritional benefits!
Storing, Freezing and Reheating Strawberries and Cream Baked Oatmeal
To store: Place baked oatmeal in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy within 3-4 days for the best flavor. Reheat in the microwave or the oven until warmed through.
To freeze: Allow the tray to cool completely and store in airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat from frozen, place in the oven at 350°F until warmed through.
Make ahead: You can make this recipe ahead of time! Place oatmeal mixture in the baking dish, cover and refrigerate. The next day, uncover and bake as directed.
More Oatmeal Recipes
- Coconut Cream Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal in the Crock Pot
- Berry Delicious Oatmeal
- Refrigerator Oatmeal
With this easy-to-make Strawberries and Cream Baked Oatmeal, you can enjoy a delicious breakfast that’s good-for-you and sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Images by Ivan Solis
Strawberries and Cream Baked Oatmeal
Strawberries and Cream Baked Oatmeal is a delicious and easy breakfast treat (or even dessert!) that is perfect for any day of the week.
Course: Breakfast, DessertServings: 6Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 40 minutesfrom votesSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk (plant based works too)
- 1/3 cup butter or coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey plus more for drizzling
- 2 cups chopped strawberries divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- cream for drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Place the eggs into a large bowl and whisk to combine. Stir in the remaining ingredients, but only one cup of strawberries.
- Pour the oat mixture into the greased dish and bake for 40-45 minutes or until just golden.
- Scoop into bowls, drizzle with fresh cream, remaining strawberries and honey or maple syrup to taste.
Note: This recipe can be prepared through step 2, covered and refrigerated. Uncover and bake as directed in step 3 the next day. Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!