My best friend and I lived together for years and I think if I didn’t cook for her I think she would have starved. The only food she EVER bought for herself at the grocery was this tapioca pudding from some eastern European company that was gelatinous and had a really bizarre texture, but she loved it. Finally one day I broke down and made her homemade tapioca pudding and her eyes bugged out of her head! It was the same face my husband and son made when they tasted it yesterday for the first time.
I’ve tasted and cooked a bunch of tapioca pudding recipes over the years and I get frustrated by all the confusing directions. Why must it be so difficult?! Really delicious and creamy tapioca pudding is super easy to make and the perfect dessert for the entire family.
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipeServings: 4 servingsCook Time 35 minutes Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 1/2 Cups milk (I like using whole milk, but it worked great with rice milk too)
- 1/3 Cup Tapioca (not quick cooking)
- 2 Tbsp honey or agave
- pinch of kosher salt
- Bring the milk and tapioca to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the agave and salt. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- *I topped the pudding with blood oranges segments
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 65mg | Sugar: 17g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!