These Tortilla Wraps only take minutes to prepare and they’re super easy on the wallet AND the tummy. All I have to do is scramble a few eggs and cheese, place them on a tortilla and voila! Lunch is served!
If you’re like me, the past few weeks were filled with rich holiday meals, lots of desserts and a good deal of mindless eating. Well, it’s the beginning of a new year and now is as good a time as any to devote yourself to fun, easy and healthy recipes that everyone in the family wants to eat. Yesterday morning I made Pumpkin Pancakes to ring in the New Year and today we’re going to have super easy Tortilla Wraps that I can whip up in no time flat.
Sometimes on the weekends when we’re running around or playing in the house, only at the last minute do I realize it’s lunch time! By Friday, we’re almost always running low on the meals I made for the week, so on Saturdays and Sundays I have to come up with something yummy, healthy and fast that everyone enjoys.
You can use other fillings besides egg and cheese. I just like them because they are usually always in our fridge — I usually grab accompaniments or whatever leftovers I have in the fridge to let Kenya build his own wrap as a fun activity. No matter what you put in them, they give kids plenty of energy to keep running around and playing the rest of the day!
My New Year’s resolution is to make everything I do in the kitchen as simple as possible so I can spend as much time with my family without any undue stress. Hopefully this video we made for Tortilla Wraps will inspire you to get in the kitchen with your family and make both cooking and eating fun!
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipeCook Time 3 minutes Total Time 5 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 Tsp butter or oil
- 2 Tbsp Cheese, shredded (I used mozzarella)
- 1 Whole Wheat Tortilla
- Whisk eggs, milk and salt in a bowl to throughly combine.
- Melt butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the eggs and stir with a wooden spoon for 1 minute.
- Add the cheese and stir until the eggs are set and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes more.
- Heat tortillas over a gas flame for several seconds turning with tongs or place in between layers of damp paper towels and heat in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Place the eggs in the tortilla and roll into a cylinder or fold in half (Kenya likes to hold it in his hand and munch away).
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 395mg | Sodium: 690mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!