Turkey Veggie Chili
Turkey Veggie Chili is fast, delicious and super healthy! It’s great for a quick weeknight meal the whole family can enjoy.
I made this recipe last week on a cold night (a rarity in LA), and it was the perfect meal for the weather. There’s something about chili that’s so perfect and healing during the winter and it’s also a simple dish that is great for feeding a crowd. It warms you up from the inside out, but is a great meal any time of year because of how easy it is to make.
This Turkey Veggie Chili was such a hit in my house that I decided to make it again the next day, cutting the recipe in half and making it a tad bit less spicy — although Kenya seemed to love the extra heat I added to the last batch. You can customize the spice level for how your family prefers it. Feel free to add more or less. There’s no right or wrong!
With all the veggies, plus the turkey and beans for protein, all you need is some rice or pasta for a carb and you have a complete meal (and of course a sprinkling of cheddar cheese on top never hurt). I don’t want to scare anyone off by calling this recipe “low fat,” but honestly, it doesn’t get any healthier and heartier than this one pot meal. It’s a game changer.
If you’re looking for more chili and stew recipes you should definitely check out my Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili, White Chicken Chili, Crock Pot Lentil Veggie Stew, or Roast Vegetable Soup. They’re all huge hits in my house and I know they will be in yours too! Let me know in the comments if you make this or any of my recipes and what you think!
Turkey Veggie Chili
Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 25 minutes Total Time 30 minutesfrom 1 voteSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained (such as cannellini) or 3 1/2 cups cooked beans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Heat the oil in a large pot and saute the onion, celery, and bell pepper for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and turkey and saute for 4 minutes or until turkey is cooked through and broken into tiny pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- *Allow to cool, store in appropriate container or ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 4 months. When ready, defrost in fridge for 24 hours or place in pot and bring to heat over low-medium heat.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 620mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!