Veggie Casserole is the perfect dish to make when all you have on hand are a few bags of frozen vegetables or a refrigerator full of cooked ones and want to create something fast and delicious that your kids will love. It’s a hearty weeknight meal that’s full of good-for-you vegetables!
I’m always trying to come up with recipes that pack in veggies but are still delicious, and believe me, this recipe is just that. And what’s even better about it is that you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand. Fresh or frozen, it doesn’t matter! There aren’t any rules when it comes to Veggie Casserole. I used broccoli and corn because I had several bags in the freezer, but you could also try peas, cauliflower, or any other combinations you love.
You can also toss this Veggie Casserole together in the morning, put it in the fridge and pop it into the oven that night. It makes dinnertime even that much faster! I love a one pot dinner that’s so easy to pull off. Plus it’s great for those of you who are vegetarian, like my son Kenya. Veggie Casserole is a hearty, vegetable packed meal that your entire family will love!
I’m a big fan of making casseroles because of what I mentioned earlier — they are SO incredible easy. I’ve made so many casserole recipes on Weelicious like Green Bean Casserole, Breakfast Casserole, Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole or Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole. They all make regular appearances in our weekly family meal menus.
Veggie Casserole is healthy, delicious and full of all of your favorite veggies. It’s a win-win! I just know your family will love it and be asking for it every week! Let me know if you make this recipe and what you think! Tag me on social media. I’m @weelicious.
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipePrep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil, plus more for greasing casserole dish
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups broccoli, cooked (can use frozen)
- 1 cup corn, cooked (can use frozen)
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked (Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s sell pre-cooked brown rice)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven the 350 degrees.
- Heat the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat and cook the onions for 3-5 minutes or until soft.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until combined.
- Add the onion, broccoli, corn, rice and cheese and stir to combine.
- Grease in a casserole dish and pour in the mixture (I used a 9 x 9 inch pan).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of your casserole dish.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 190mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!