If your kids have an aversion to vegetables, let them try these Veggie Pancakes and watch them change their tune!
My cousin, Raleigh, emailed me the other day and asked me to come up with a veggie pancake recipe. Sounded like a great idea to me, but would kids eat a vegetable pancake? Only one way to find out. “Kids!!” I decided to make a basic pancake batter, minus the sugar, add julienned vegetables using this box grater and then sauté them until golden. Wow! Kenya, Chloe and Gemma loved them. Even I was shocked at how easy and delicious these were to prepare.
I’m always getting asked how to help kids eat their vegetables. This recipe is perfect for that! You can serve Veggie Pancakes for brunch, put them in a lunch box or even to have as a side dish at dinner. You’d be shocked at how quickly they get eaten. Serve them with a side of ketchup and dip away. Get ready to eat the entire batch in one sitting!
This recipe is great because you can use any vegetables you have on hand. In this batch I used carrots and zucchini, but feel free to switch it up! Plus, you could make a double batch and freeze the leftovers. Then once you’re ready for some more just pop them from the freezer into the oven and have them ready super fast!
If you’re looking for more recipes that help your little ones get their veggies in, try these Green Veggie Pancakes, Spinach Cake Muffins or Carrot Apple Coconut Muffins! There are so many more veggie heavy recipes on weelicious too besides those that you’ve got to try out.
Let me know if you’re planning on making a Veggie Pancake stack and tag me on social media if you do. I promise they’ll be a huge hit!
Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes Total Time 25 minutesfrom votesSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- cooking oil spray
- Whisk the egg and milk in a medium sized bowl.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the zucchini and carrots and toss to combine and coat the vegetable pieces.
- Pour the vegetable/flour mixture into the egg/milk mixture and stir to combine,
- Coat saute pan with oil or spray over medium heat.
- Place 1 tablespoon of vegetable mixture in pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To Freeze: After cooking, allow to cool, place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze. When ready, place in toaster oven or oven at 300 and heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Calories: 25kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 200mg | Sugar: 1g Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!