Baked Chicken Nuggets
These Baked Chicken Nuggets are a major kid pleaser!
When I was little and my Mother couldn’t deal with making us dinner, we would head to McDonald’s. I was never a burger girl. No, I loved chicken nuggets with all the sticky, sugary sauces.
When I think about all the artificial fillers that go into them and how many boxes I ate over the years, it makes me want to gag. I still love chicken nuggets, and didn’t want to deprive my kids of the pleasure of them, but I wanted to make a healthier version that everyone in our family would love.
I had a ton of fun testing this to find the perfect easy Baked Chicken Nuggets recipe. I wanted them to have tons of flavor without being fried or packed with salt. If you’re looking for even more nugget inspiration you have to try Easy Chicken Nuggets.
By buying organic, free range chicken, you’re making a gourmet nugget for the family. My husband is my most honest tester. When I tell you he scarfed these up at dinner last night, I could only smile to myself in delight. Between him and the kids, they disappeared immediately. The best part of this recipe is that you can make them, freeze and pull out a few when you want to bake them. You’ll never have the need to go out for chicken nuggets ever again!
Baked Chicken Nuggets
No ratings yetSave RecipeSaved Recipe!Rate RecipePrint RecipePrep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup panko crumbs, white or wheat
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl.
- Place the panko, garlic powder, herbs and salt in a separate shallow bowl and stir to combine.
- Dip the chicken chunks in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Keep one hand clean for rolling in the breadcrumbs. Make sure the chicken chunks are completely covered.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spray each piece with oil.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- To Freeze: For best results, bread nuggets, place on a cookie sheet and freeze for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, place par-frozen nuggets in a ziploc bag and freeze up to 4 months. When ready, continue from step 5 adding at least 5 minutes cooking time.
Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!